Associate Professor/Biträdande Professor
Biträdande Professor (Associate Prof.) at the Thin Film Physics Group, Department of Physics, Chemistry and Biology (IFM), Linköping University from 2016-03-01
University Lecturer (Associate Prof.) at the Thin Film Physics Group, Department of Physics, Chemistry and Biology (IFM), Linköping University from 2008-03-01 to 2016-02-29.
Docent in Physics with Specialization in Atomic, Molecular and Condensed Matter Physics , Uppsala University, 2005-09-16.
Post Doc position
Two year Post Doc/Guest Scientist at the Université Pierre et Marie Curie (Paris VI), Laboratoire de Chimie Physique - Matiere et Rayonnement, CNRS, Paris, France, from 1999-09-01 to 2001-08-31. Funded by a grant from STINT.
Doctor of Philosophy in Physics , Ph.D. (Tekn. Dr.), Uppsala University, 1999-05-14. Thesis title: Electronic Structure Studies Using Resonant X-ray and Photoemission Spectroscopy. Supervisor: Joseph Nordgren
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in International Business at the School of Economics and Commercial Law, 1 year education, 40p, Gothenburg University and Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, 2002-2003.
Master of Science in Applied Physics and Electrical Engineering , (M.Sc.), 4.5 year education, 180p Linköping University, 1987-1992.
• Researcher and teacher, Dept. of Physics, Uppsala Univ. from 2007-09-01 to 2008-02-29.
• Junior Researcher(FoAss) and Associate Prof. (Docent) at the Department of Physics, Uppsala University, from 2003-09-01 to 2007-08-31. 85-90% employed on VR grants and 10-15% teaching.
• Consultant at AB Volvo Information Technology (Volvo IT), Gothenburg, 2002-2003.
• Researcher and Teacher at the Department of Physics, Uppsala University, between 2001-09-01 and 2002-07-31. I performed experimental spectroscopical research and calculated scattering spectra of strongly correlated materials, partly funded by VR and stipends.
• STINT PostDoc/Guest Scientist (2 years) at the Université Pierre et Marie Curie (Paris VI), Laboratoire de Chimie Physique - Matiere et Rayonnement, CNRS, Paris, France, from 1999-09-01 to 2001-08-31.
• Ph.D. student at the Dept. of Physics, Uppsala Univ., from 1993-09-01 to 1999-05-14. Included in this time period is more than one year as a Scholar in Residence at the Univ. of California at Berkeley (UCB) and the Center of X-ray Optics (CXRO) at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab. (LBNL) from 1994-06-01 to 1995-08-01, funded by the Swedish Institute (SI).
• Research Engineer, project work at the Department of Applied Physics, Linköping University, spring 1993 (0.5 years).
• Research Engineer, project work at the Department of Plasma-Physics, Alfvén Laboratory, KTH, Stockholm, fall 1992 (0.5 years).
• Technical Student at CERN, Department of Cryogenics (CR), Division of Accelerator Technology (AT), (910716-920831, 1.2 years).
• Patent Examinator at the Department of Electronics and Physics at the Patent and Registration Office, Stockholm, summer work 1990.
Supervision of PhD-students
• At Uppsala University: Financed and co-supervised PhD student Egil Andersson who started in 2005 with my VR grant (PhD 2010-05-29).
• Informal supervisor for undergraduate students and PhD students, at Linköping Univ., Uppsala Univ. as well as Guest Researchers, and Post Docs.
Referee of papers submitted to high-level scientific journals
Referee of numerous papers in Phys. Rev. (PRL and PRB), Europhys. Lett, The Eur. Phys. J, Eur. J. Inorg. Chem., Thin Solid Films and many other scientific journals.
Commission of trust and examination committees
• Member of the Board of the Materials and Nanoscience section; Swedish Physical Society (2011-).
• Member of the National Reference Group of MAX IV (2009/10/11).
• Organizer of Länsstudiedagen for gymnasielärare at LiU (2011-).
• Session Chair of New Materials in the American Ceramic Society (2011).
• PhD board of Ola Wessely; Theory of X-ray Abs. Spectra and Spin Tr. Torque (2006-04-28).
Lecturer, course leader, developer and organizer of the Synchrotron Radiation and
Nanoscience courses at Linköping University and Uppsala University.
•Synchrotron Radiation at Linköping University 2010 (7.5 hp).
•Synchrotron Radiation at Linköping University 2008 (7.5 hp).
•Synchrotron Radiation at Uppsala University 2007 (10 hp) and 2005 (7.5 hp).
•Nanoscience, Ångström at Uppsala University 2006 (7.5 hp) and 2004 (7.5 hp).
•Surface and Interface Physics at Uppsala University 2002 (7.5 hp).
Responsible for this page: Thomas Lingefelt
Last updated: 05/17/16