Master of Science (M.Sc.) from Linköping University (Sweden), in Physics (profile: theoretical physics), in August 2000.
Ph.D. (Dr.rer.nat.) from RWTH Aachen University (Germany),
Materials Science, December 2004. Grade: Passed with distinction.
Docent in Thin Film Physics from Linköping University; October 30, 2008.
Senior lecturer (Associate Professor)
from May 1, 2011.
Associate Professor, Senior LiU Researcher with Career Contract
Deputy Head of the Thin Film Physics Division (~ 60 people)
Leader of Materials Design group
Previous relevant positions
- Post doc, shared between RWTH Aachen University (Aachen, Germany) and Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Berkeley, USA) : 8 months in 2005.
- Post doc, University of Sydney (Sydney, Australia): August 2005-April 2007.
- LiU Assistant Professor, Linköping University (Linköping, Sweden): May 2007-April 2011.
- Borchers-Plakette, 2005 (for completing my dissertation exam with distinction).
- Friedrich-Wilhelm-Preis, 2005 (for research performed during my PhD).
- Ingvar Carlsson Award, 2007 (from the Swedish Foundation for Strategic Research (SSF)).
- Awarded ERC Starting Grant, 2010.
- Awarded Wallenberg Academy Fellowship, 2012.
- Hans Werthen Scholarship (2005-2006) (from the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences (IVA)).
- Welch Scholarship (2005-2006) (from the International Union for Vacuum Science, Technique, and Applications (IUVSTA)).
- from Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (2009 and 2010).
- Various scholarships for travel and shorter exchange, from for example Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation, (2007 and 2009).
International patent application, number PCT/SE2010/051299, J. Rosen et al., “Magnetic nanolaminated multielement material”.
Commission of trust for Linköping University
- Vice member, the Department of Physics, Chemistry and Biology (IFM) Board (2008)
- Member, the Department of Physics, Chemistry and Biology (IFM) Board (2009-present)
- Member, the University Council for Research and Innovation (2009-2011)
- Member, the University Committee for Infrastructure (2011-present)
- 2009-2012: Research Coordinator and Secretary of the Board for the Strategic Research Center (SRC); Materials science for nanoscale surface engineering (MS2E), funded by the Swedish Foundation for Strategic Research (SSF).
- 2007-2012: Project manager in SSF SRC MS2E frame program.
- 2007-2013: Project manager in VINNOVA Excellence Center FunMat.
- 2013: Deputy head of SSF frame program FUNCASE
- Participated in leadership/management training organized by Linköping University (2007-2011).
- Participated in leadership/management training organized by The Swedish Foundation for Strategic Research, for Ingvar Carlsson Awardees (2008-2010).
Teacher/examiner in the undergraduate course “Nanoscientific project” (6 hp), within the Physics Program (2008-present).
Participated in courses for pedagogical training, (Ph.D.) supervision, as well as course design, management, and examination.
- Course “Supervision in Doctoral Studies”, given by CUL (during 2007)
- Course “Teaching in Higher Education. Designing, Evaluating and Organizing Learning.”, given by CUL (Oct. 2009-April 2010).
- Participated in LiU conference “Att bedöma och sätta betyg” (March 2010).
- Publication: “Hur möta en eventuell betygsinflation från gymnasiet?” J. Rosén. Paper in report from LiU conference “Att bedöma och sätta betyg” (2010).
- Workshop with Prof. Mick Healy “Designing courses to engage students in research and inquiry”, arranged by CUL (Nov. 2011).
- I have during 2007-2008 designed and developed a new undergraduate course “Nanoscientific Project” (6 hp). The aim of the course is that the student shall develop skills in planning, conducting and presenting a scientific project, while increasing his/her understanding of selected research areas within nano science. The projects are well defined subprojects within currently ongoing research at IFM, i.e. the course is under constant development.
Current individual funding
- Awarded “Wallenberg Academy Fellow” (2013-2018)
- Starting Grant from the European Research Council (ERC) (2010-2015)
- Associate Professor position at LiU, including a “Career Contract” (2011-2016)
- “Excellence Grant” from LiU, connected to the “Career contract” (2011-2016)
- Young researcher grant from the Swedish Research Council (VR) (2013-2016)
Parental leave , ~2.5 years during 2007-2013
For my daughter Lovisa, born November 26 (2007), for my son August, born June 19 (2009), for my daughter Alva, born December 16 (2010), and for my daughter Linnea, born May 19 (2012).
Responsible for this page: Thomas Lingefelt
Last updated: 05/07/13