DISSERTATION – faculty routines
All information regarding preparations, printing, application and so on is available here, including a checklist. If You have any questions please contact Maria Mitradjieva at FUN, firstname.lastname@example.org
General checklist LiTH
Special checklist IFM
In very good time, 2,5-6 months, before the defense
- Book date and time for dissertation with registrar Lena Martinsson, IFM (room G309).
- Book room for defense at https://mrbs.ifm.liu.se and check if Compton is available for the committee meeting after the defense (contact Your department administrator)
- When You send Your application to Maria at FUN, please also email cc to email@example.com (for IFM registration and internal information)
Three to six weeks before the dissertation
- As you hand in your final version to the printing office, you are officially available to the job market. This makes it possible for you to register at "Arbetsförmedlingen" as job hunter.
- Besides leaving 4 copies of Your thesis to Lena Martinsson (to get IFMs reciept for hammer and nail) please also distribute within IFM to the following persons:
- Ulf Karlsson, Prefekt
- Kenneth Järrendahl, Proprefekt
- Magdalena Svensson, Proprefekt
- Per-Olof Holtz, Forskarstudierektor
- Stefan Klintström, Forskarstudierektor
- The head and relevant professors at the division for the scientific area that You belong to (i.e. Biology, Chemistry, Material Physics, Applied Physics or Theory and Modeling)
- Forum Scientium, Anette Andersson: 8 copies (only if You are connected to Forum)
- Agora Materiae, Anette Frid: 4 copies (only if You are connected to Agora)
- Opponent and examination committee (including back-up): 5 copies
- Co-workers, collaboration partners, relatives, copies outside of Planck at Your dissertation etc – ask Your supervisor how many!
One-two weeks before the dissertation
- Prepare the room for your defense. For example, make an appointment with Peter Alm for a demonstration of the AV-system in Planck. Load your presentation onto the computer and run your slides for the presentation. Adjust the scene lights and save your settings. Save an extra copy on the computer in Planck (just in case ….)
After the public defense
- You have the opportunity to participate in a doctoral ceremony after your doctoral diploma is issued. More about what the ceremony means can be found at Linköping University's homepage about Akademiska högtider .
Hats for the ceremony: You may borrow a hat at the department (contact Lena Martinsson) or rent at the faculty (contact Marie Fredsberg Lindström, 0706-521802).
Informationsansvarig: Per Olof Holtz
Sidan uppdaterades senast: 2015-10-12