Protein Chemistry (NKED15)
The objectives of the course is to provide comprehensive knowledge in the following areas:
Protein chemistry, protein engineering, structure and function relationships, physicochemical properties of proteins and methodologies for characterization of proteins. After studies well learned the student will have proficiency to:
• Identify structure motifs and from this draw conclusions regarding the structure and function of proteins.
• Search for information from various data bases to visualize protein structures and compare amino acid sequences.
• Draw conclusions about protein dynamics, structure and function from detailed chemical and physical properties.
• Comprehend the fundamental mechanisms of protein folding and to have a deeper understanding of the factors determining the stability of a protein.
• Define scientific problems within this area that can be tackled and solved by experiments.
• Adopt a reflecting, scientific attitude to the theories and obtained experimental results.
Work in a group in a project-oriented way in the laboratory.
Responsible for this page: Lars-Göran Mårtensson
Last updated: 03/12/14