Diploma works at Applied Optics
Students on the Master programs and "Civilingenjör" programs (300hp) are required to do a 30hp final thesis for the Masters / "Civilingenjör" degree. Students on the Bachelor ("Kandidat") programs and the shorter engineering ("högskoleingenjör") programs (180hp) are required to do a 15hp final thesis. If you are visiting from abroad we can normally define a 4 - 6 month project.
From Applied Optics we examine diploma workers in optics and measurement technology. Specifically we welcome projects in the following areas:
- Material optics
- Optics related to biology and medicine
- Optical measurement technology
- Optics in general
- Sensors and sensor signal processing
- Measurement systems
- Measurement technology in general
If you want to discuss a project you are welcome to contact one of our examiners or other members of the staff at Applied Optics.
Forms & guidelines (Blanketter & anvisningar)
Diploma work project suggestions
Supervisor/handledare: Iryna Valyukh
Supervisor/handledare: Sergey Valyukh
- Interaction of light with complex-structured periodical media
- Simulation of liquid-crystal-based tuneable optical elements
- Development of liquid crystal systems for optical polarization measurements
- Scattering of light by regular nanostructures
- Structural colours: formation and visibility
- Study on optical vortex and optical tweezers
- Numerical methods for solving inverse and optimization optical problems
- Solution of near-field problems in classical electrodynamics
We also encourage you to take a look at our current research projects in the Laboratory of Applied Optics. If you there find a project area interesting for you we can in most cases formulate a project for a diploma work. Please contact the examiners for further discussion.
Det finns goda möjligheter att göra examensarbete utomlands genom de kontakter som LiTH har inom ERASMUS.
Hans Arwin (013 - 281215, email@example.com)
Responsible for this page: Anna Maria Uhlin
Last updated: 12/16/14