Title: PhD Student
Phone: +46 (0)13 28 1278
Visiting address: Fysikhuset, G423
Department of Physics, Chemistry and Biology (IFM),
- Thin film hard coatings
- Structural and mechanical behavior of materials
- Driving License
- VASP(Vienna Abinitio simulation package)
- EMTO(Exact Muffin-Tin Orbitals)
- Quantum Espresso
- Adobe Illustrator
- Platforms: Linux/UNIX, Windows, Mac OS
- Languages: MATLAB, C, C++, Python
- Packages: Mathematica, MATLAB
- Typography: LATEX, MicrosoftOffice, iWork
Education and training
- 1 Oct 2012 – Present PhD study in Linköping University, Linköping (Sweden)
Expected defence in Spring 2017.
Concentrate in theoretical analysis of internal interfaces and thermodynamic stabilities of both the strained TiAlN and modified Al(Si,Sr) alloys
1 Sep 10 – 1 Jun 12 Master of Engineering Powder Metallurgy Research Institute, Central South University, Changsha (China)
Major in Material Science GPA: 3.4/4.0.
Master Thesis: Fundermental research on the stability and phase transition of Zr-H and Hf-H systems
1 Sep 06–1 Jul 10 Bachelor of Engineering Powder Metallurgy Research Institute, Central South University, Changsha (China)
Major in Material Science GPA: 3.5/4.0.
Undergraduate Thesis: First-prinsiples study on the Zr-H system
Papers published in peer reviewed journals
- Coherency effects on the mixing thermodynamics of cubic Ti 1−x Al x N/TiN(001) multilayers
Fei Wang, Igor A Abrikosov, Sergei I Simak, Magnus Odén, Frank Mücklich, Ferenc TasnádiPhysical Review B 93(17):174201 (2016)
- Effects of configurational disorder on the elastic properties of icosahedral boron-rich alloys based on B6O, B13C2, and B4C, and their mixing thermodynamics
A. Ektarawong, S. I. Simak, L. Hultman, J. Birch, F. Tasnádi, F. Wang, B. AllingThe Journal of Chemical Physics 144(13):134503( 2016)
- Special quasirandom structure method in application for advanced properties of alloys: A study on Ti0.5Al0.5N and TiN/Ti0.5Al0.5N multilayer
Ferenc Tasnádi, Fei Wang, Magnus Odén, and Igor.A.AbrikosovComputational Materials Science 103 (2015) 194-199
- Effects of spin-orbit coupling on various properties of hafnium dihydride
Fei Wang C. P. Liang and H. R. GongMaterials Chemistry and Physics 139 (2013) 139-146
First principles study of various Zr-phases with low H concentrationsFei Wang and H. R. GongInternational Journal of Hydrogen Energy 37 (2012) 12393-12401
- Mechanical and structural stability of zirconium dihydrides
Fei Wang and H. R. GongInternational Journal of Hydrogen Energy 37 (2012) 9688-9695
- The mixing thermodynamics of Ti 1-x Al x N/TiN multilayers by first principles calculations
MSE Conference 2014 (Young researchers meet professionals) Darmstad, Germany Oral presentation.
- Coherency effects in the mixing thermodynamics of cubic Ti 1 − x Al x N in TiN/TiAlN(100) multilayers
EMRS Fall Conference 2015 Warsaw, Poland Oral presentation.
- Improved thermal stability via interface crystallography and chemistry a ffects in multilayered hard film using TiN/ZrAlN as a model system
ESTADSM Conference 2015 Moscow, Russia Oral presentation.
- Coherency effects in the mixing thermodynamics of cubic Ti 1 − x Al x N in TiN/TiAlN(100) multilayer
Psi-K Conference 2015 San sebastián, Spain Poster presentation.
Summer/Winter Schools and Workshops
- DocMASE Summer School (Aug 27- Sep 1,2012): 3D Characterization of Materials: From micro to atomic scale
- MolSim-2013(Jan 6-17,2013): Molecular simulation covering basic and advanced Monte Carlo and molecular dynamics techniques
- DocMASE Summer School (Aug 26-30, 2013): Multiscale Modelling in Materials Science and Engineering
- DocMASE Summer School (Aug 25-29, 2014):Thin films science and surface engineering
Responsible for this page: Fei Wang
Last updated: 06/20/16