Summary of Houssaine Machhadani's activities
Quantum information technology requires the development of a new type of light source, where the photon number can be controlled with strong quantum correlations between single photons. The linearly polarized emission from quantum dots (QDs) could be an important component in the development of the quantum information processing, since quantum information could be encoded into the quantum states of single photons.
My work involves temporal correlation measurements from site controlled position of single InGaN quantum dots located at the apexes of microsized GaN pyramids.
Furthermore, I’m working in the fabrication process of an electrically injected single photon emission device, the prototype of such device is illustrated in the figure below.
- Polarized single photon emission and photon bunching from an InGaN quantum dot on a GaN micropyramid
Tomas Jemsson, Houssaine Machhadani, Per-Olof Holtz, and K. Fredrik Karlsson
Nanotechnology 26 065702 (2015)
- Linearly polarized single photon antibunching from a site-controlled InGaN quantum dot
Tomas Jemsson, Houssaine Machhadani, K. Fredrik Karlsson, Chih-Wei Hsu and Per-Olof Holtz
Appl. Phys. Lett. 105, 081901 (2014) (featured article)
- Systematic study of near-infrared intersubband absorption of polar and semipolar GaN/AlN quantum wells
H. Machhadani, M. Beeler, S. Sakr, E. Warde, Y. Kotsar, M. Tchernycheva, M. P. Chauvat, P. Ruterana, G. Nataf, Ph. De Mierry, E. Monroy, and F. H. Julien
Journal of Applied Physics 113, 143109 (2013)
- Intersubband absorption of cubic GaN/Al(Ga)N quantum wells in the near-infrared to terahertz spectral range
H. Machhadani, M. Tchernycheva, S. Sakr, L. Rigutti, R. Colombelli, E.Warde, C. Mietze, D. J. As and F. H. Julien
Physical Review B 83, 075313 (2011)
- Terahertz intersubband absorption in GaN/AlGaN step quantum wells
H. Machhadani, Y. Kotsar, S. Sakr, M. Tchernycheva, R. Colombelli, J. Mangeney, E. Bellet-Amalric, E. Sarigiannidou, E. Monroy and F.H. Julien
Applied Physics Letters 97, 191101, (2010)
- Band offsets in cubic GaN/AlN superlattices
C. Mietze, M. Landmann, E. Rauls, H. Machhadani, S. Sakr, M. Tchernycheva, F.H. Julien, W. G. Schmidt, K. Lischka, and D. J. A
Physical Review B 83, 195301 (2011)
Complete list of publications at Google Scholar.
Responsible for this page: Fredrik Karlsson
Last updated: 03/05/15