Summary of Carl Hemmingsson's activities
My interest and work is focused on growth and defect studies of III-nitrides. Currently, I am developing growth processes of thick GaN substrate material and nanostructures using halide vapour phase epitaxi (HVPE). Using advanced simulation software (CFD-ACE), we are also developing models in order to predict the outcomes of our experiments. The grown material properties are studied by several characterization techniques such as x-ray diffraction (XRD), transmission and scanning electron microscopy (TEM and SEM), cathodoluminescence (CL), photoluminescence (PL) and electrical characterization (CV, DLTS and Hall).
An improved quality of the GaN substrate material is necessary in order to fabricate the next generation efficient and reliable optoelectronic and electronic devices such as near UV Laser Diodes, high brightness LEDs for general lighting and high power, high frequency transistors.
- Optimization of low temperature GaN buffer layers for halide vapor phase epitaxy growth of bulk GaN
C. Hemmingsson and G. Pozina
Journal of Crystal Growth 366, 61 (2013) pdf available
- Effect of silicon and oxygen doping on donor bound excitons in bulk GaN
G. Pozina , S. Khromov, C. Hemmingsson, L. Hultman, and B. Monemar
Physical Revew B 84, 165213 (2011) pdf available
- Luminescence related to high density of Mg-induced stacking faults in homoepitaxially grown GaN
S. Khromov, C. G. Hemmingsson, H. Amano, B. Monemar, L. Hultman, and G. Pozina
Physical Revview B 84, 075324 ( 2011) pdf available
- Growth of GaN nanotubes by halide vapor phase epitaxy
C. Hemmingsson, G. Pozina, S. Khromov, and B. Monemar
Nanotechnology 22, 085602 (2011) pdf available
- Evidence for two Mg related acceptors in GaN
B. Monemar, P.P. Paskov, G. Pozina, C. Hemmingsson, J.P. Bergman, T. Kawashima, H. Amano, I. Akasaki, T. Paskova, S. Figge, D. Hommel, and A. Usui
Physical Revview Letters 102, 235501 (2009)
- Growth and characterization of thick GaN layers grown by halide vapour phase epitaxy on lattice-matched AlInN templates
C. Hemmingsson, M. Boota, R.O. Rahmatalla, M. Junaid, G. Pozina, J. Birch and B. Monemar
Journal of Crystal Growth 311, 292 (2009)
Complete list of peer-reviewed articles at researcherID.com (ISI).
Current supervision of students
Current projects and funding
- VR: Bulk Growth of GaN with Halide Vapor Phase Epitaxy, Principal investigator (2011-2013)
- TFYY68 Engineering Mechanics (6 ECTS) for students in the program Computer Science and Engineering, examiner
Other teaching related activities
- Deputy in the program board for Computer and Media Technology at Linköping University.
Responsible for this page: Fredrik Karlsson
Last updated: 02/09/14