Summary of results
- Most clicks were recorded between midnight and 6 AM, with peaks reaching over 50,000 clicks/hour per logger.
- Echolocation activity dropped throughout the day and reached the lowest point between 6PM and midnight.
- Season does not seem to have an effect on the diel patterns.
- The number of logged clicks dropped over 3 weeks after which it leveled at an average of around 5000 clicks/hour per day and logger.
- More time was spent and more clicks were recorded in the deeper area of the pool.
- During rest, only occasional clicks were recorded, indicating the possibility that landmarks are used, but on many occassion visual cues might have been of importance too.
Responsible for this page: Agneta Johansson
Last updated: 06/19/15