- Forest fires, and both pyrophilic and obligate saproxylic beetles were more abundant in the north-eastern parts of Östergötland county.
- Seven out of eleven pyrophilic beetles were positively associated with recent forest fires.
- The pyrophilic beetles were more associated with forest fires in the smaller spatial scale ranging from 100 m to 5000 m.
- 14 beetles with unknown fire-dependency showed an association with recent forest fires.
- Forest fires are an important factor for many insect species.
- Conservation burns are an important tool for conserving these insects.
Responsible for this page: Agneta Johansson
Last updated: 05/28/14